Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, July 29, 2011

#210 Bends


I bend
To the wind
It pushes me where it will
I lean and twist
This way and that
Like a tortured weather vane
Wearing white striped socks

I bend
As a dogleg
A right hand turn
In the course of the river
A whirlpool at the corner
You’ll gather up speed
As you fly down the water
In your tube
Drinking beer

I bend
Only so far
Before I break
I’m strong
But brittle
It’s not something I can fake
Oh you can try
And you will
But as you put the pressure on
My face will stay stony and still

I bend
To your will
I’m pliable
Like putty
You can shape me for any purpose
Whether noble
Or ill
Am I the perfect tool for any job?
Or am I undependable
Because of my lack of rigidity
Only you can decide

I am your Silly Putty

No comments:

Post a Comment