Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, July 11, 2011

#192 Seven Deadly Sins: Envy


I am absolutely green
My neighbor has gotten a new car
While I’m stuck with an old piece of crap
It’s just not fair

But that’s not all
Not by far

His house is better than mine
I think about it all the time
It makes me crazy
How everything he has is better than me

His wife is beautiful and thin
Mine is dumpy and fat
I can’t even get it up for her
When I think about that

His kids always do well
In sports and academics
They look good too
My kids just do not

When I think of all these things
I get envious and start thinking
Of ways I could have everything he does
Oh I won’t kill him and take over his life
Or anything weird like that

I just need more money
And a sexier wife
And better kids
And a newer car

I’m going to work towards these things
As my current family and possessions
Are simply not up to my expectations
Well, at least in comparison with HIS

I think I can admit it
I’m jealous
Maybe I would kill to get what he has
I can always claim that I was driven to it

By ENVY

No comments:

Post a Comment