Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, July 22, 2011

#203 Keeps the Monsters Away


I've got this toy
With two metal things
A body made of wood
With a couple of springs

I use it every day
It's fun as heck to play
And most importantly
It keeps the monsters away

They don't like it's clicking
That sound it makes
While I'm winding and it's sticking
And all my pressure is scraping off little flakes

They don't like those either
The flakes I mean
Even more than the clicking
Those flakes just make them turn green

Feel ill they do
Just at the thought
Of dealing with this perfect mess
That I have wrought

For if they come near
To threaten all that I hold dear
I'll click my toy, making sparks
Lighting the flakes of magnesium
Causing the hot white fire that they fear

Yet come they do
Every once in awhile
Testing the waters I suppose
Coming single file

That's part of their pain
Being monsters of little brain
They learn this small lesson
But then forget, they are difficult to train

Away they run as they always do
Every which way they fled
Meandering back
As their courage ebbs back
To take their place as monsters of the underbed

No comments:

Post a Comment