Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

#195 Seven Deadly Sins: Sloth


I'd love to move
I really would
I know you'd like me to
And I know that I should

But will I?
Eh, maybe later

The times ticks on
My whiskers get longer
Some task looms undone
My body odor, stronger

I should really shower and shave
Be presentable and get something done
Heck afterwards I could go out
Meet some people, have some fun

It's a nice thought
And I really almost did it
But I got a few steps
Then didn't get near it

My comfy chair was calling out
So I kicked some trash aside
And I slumped right in
Kicking back for a Lazy-Boy ride

I think I found my own impression in the cushions
It's the sweet spot in the seat
Makes me never want to move again
Though I might get hungry and want to eat

I keep the phone close at hand
I call the take out guy
He lets himself in
Sets my food right on my thigh

I really don't have to get up or do much
The state pays my bills
I'm officially disabled
Certified for all my ills

Phone on the left
Computer on the right
TV front and center
I have a nurse that tucks me in at night

I say I'm living the life of Riley

Others would say
That this life
Is Sloth

No comments:

Post a Comment