Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

#207 Underbed

It’s dark
As it should be in underbed
Sometimes the light shines in
Some ankles walk by
But then it is dark again
By any standards
That’s a good thing

Dust bunnies cling to surfaces
Here and there
Some stuck in my hair
I sometimes eat them for fun
I’ve discovered they can taste different
Must be the different flavors
Of dust and hair
That they’ve become

I lay around a lot
It’s what makes me happy
In the land of underbed
Scratching my hairy belly
While I stare up at the bottom of your bed
Sometimes snacks appear
Like flotsam on the beach after a storm
A half eaten banana here
A not quite empty yogurt container there
Thank goodness you are not a tidy person
I’d never get anything good to snack on

At night I think about coming out
Sometimes I do
But it scares you
So I usually don’t
I need things though
So Soon I may have to brave it
The big wide world outside
Of the realm of underbed

I’m getting to that age
Where I feel the urge to take a mate
Sometimes I wonder
If there are even others like me
I’ve never seen any
Just you
And your ankles

I’m putting together a kit
From some old socks you left
I have some half eaten snacks
And lots of dust bunnies
They will sustain me on my journey
I hope I don’t have to go far though
There is something in the back of my head
That tells me there are others
Other creatures, possible mates
Who dwell in darkness
In other realms of underbed

No comments:

Post a Comment