Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

#190 Seven Deadly Sins: Gluttony

I line them up and put them away
Ten shots of the finest liqueur
So quickly do I drink them
Half seems to end up on my fine silk shirt

These stains only embolden me
I order off the menu
Strange and exotic combinations
Much too much for any one person

But I don't give a damn

I have needs
They'll be satisfied now
Not at breakfast, lunch, or dinner
And not by the morsel, but by the handful

I'll take a shank of that meat please

Cooked just right
With my special sauce
It's good morning, noon, or night
Sometimes I fall asleep with food in my hand

I awaken, take a bite, and start my day again

I curse my tailor
For not making my clothes roomy enough
And the Laundry woman
For playing her cruel jokes by taking in my clothes at the seams

I yell at them
Around the drumstick in my mouth
I wash it down with a tankard of beer
And start eyeing the pie with a leer

I can't stop, and I don't want to

There's a sheen
Of oil and fat around my mouth
As I kick back in my chair
With my fatal heart attack

My life
Ruled by Gluttony
My heart
Stopped with a pork chop

No comments:

Post a Comment