Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

#188 Zombie Bacon Trek


Truly an epic quest
This craving for undead swine
It’s leading me far afield
But the prize will be mine

I’ve heard that they’re the best
Just no comparison
At least so THEY say
I’ll find out
I have my portable smoker
Along with my butcher knife
When I catch that damn zombie pig
He’s going on my plate that day

It all started when
I came out to get my undead truffles
There was some sort of fungal apocalypse
As is always the cause of such things
And some of them went bad
They became zombies
Or, as I call them, "Zuffles"

Thankfully rooted in place
They don’t do much harm
But are heaven on a plate
With some butter and warm corn
I eat them when I can
And offer no apologies

Back to the undead swine
He found my truffles
And rooted them all up
He took, what was mine

It’s been two weeks
And I know I’m getting close
I’ve been seeing a steady trail
Of smaller zombies
That the pig has bitten

The zombie squirrel was surprisingly problematic
The undead goat was tough too
The shamble-fluttering bat a bit dramatic
The walker raccoon I turned to goo

One could wonder at why:
Why does something turn zombie when bitten by one
But I don’t turn zombie when I eat one?

I really can’t say

All I know is that this Zombie Bacon Trek
Has gotten way out of hand
However, interestingly though
I’ve started hankering for a side order

Of brains

No comments:

Post a Comment