Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, July 17, 2011

#198 Is Quitting


“C’mon bitch, smoke me”
I come alert from my daydream and look around
Nobody is there
I look down

It’s that goddamned cigarette again

I’ve been trying to quit
I know I should
And I’m trying
So get off my back

But the cigarette’s siren song
Is hard to resist
Especially when it is so compelling
It’s words pour out like sugar to my ears

“Wrap your ruby lips around me
You know you want it”

See what I mean?
It knows what I want to hear
And it doesn’t let up
I try to think positive thoughts instead

Spring meadows
Bunny rabbits, skinny pigs
Sweet smelling breath
Unless I have garlic

But those are the breaks

Babies, puppies, and sunshine
But I can’t keep it up forever
Work stress furrows my brow
And I unconsciously reach for the pack

“That’s it, slip me out, it’s so confining in here…”

That one cigarette
Being saved for when I really really need it
Pushes my buttons
I DO want it

But as much as I do;
I want it a little less than yesterday
And a little less than the week before this one
So I have it’s number

I shove the pack back in my pocket
Munch on some sunflower seeds
And mentally tell it to fuck off
I don’t need it anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment