Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#187 Is Having All Three

Eyes half open
I survey the view
Nothing looks quite like it should
Everything is askew

But it's all ok
No need to feel dread
As soon as I wake up
I pad quietly from the bed

I chuckle to myself
As I make my morning rounds
A silly little saying
Runs through my head
Accompanied by strange sounds

"No wife, no horse, no mustache"

I can't begin to guess what it means
I didn't know when I first read it
And time hasn't made me any wiser
Especially at interpreting things it seems

Definitely have a wife
There she is sawing logs in the bed
Mostly covered with comforter
This woman that I wed

No horse, at least per se
I have a poodle
He's pretty big
As he ogles me from the foot of the bed

My mustache
Well, that finally came in
Took me into my twenties
But I finally grew more than wisps on my chin

So going by that silly saying
Perhaps I've arrived
Having wife, horse, and mustache
It wasn't easy but I survived

They need to extend that saying though
To include a multitude of kids
Enough stuff everywhere for my own episode of Hoarders
And in-laws living in my yard for the summer

And so it extends, into:
No wife, no horse, no mustache
No triple threat children
No epic consumer excess
No hobos in the yard

The thing of the original saying
I think was
That until you had those three things
You just hadn't arrived in life

Must have been a cowboy thing

I've arrived
Plus the kids
The stuff
And the in-laws in the yard

No comments:

Post a Comment