Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

#193 Seven Deadly Sins: Greed


The man, in soiled rags
Reached out and asked for a dollar
His gaunt form crying for attention
So I press some money into his palm
With my right hand
Even as I dip into his cup
With my left
And take ten times as much as I give
Life feels good

Laughing to myself
As I walk away
Pressing flat, folding
And putting the man's bills away
I flip out the key fob for my Bentley
Open the door, and slip into the glove leather seat
Life is perfect

Roaring down the highway
In my car, costing more than most houses
I scheme on the phone with my partner
Bending laws, to benefit my wallet
Takes money to make money
And mine just keeps growing exponentially
I cut off a school bus, and give them the finger
Life is grand

I'm pushing for some luxury condos on the river
All I have to do is demolish that school for the blind
I'll admit, it's got me in a bind
But after I bribe the city planners
It'll go over like butter
I'll donate something to smooth it over
They're suckers for that
Life is about getting what I want

Rolling up to my house in the hills
Pablo meets me at the door with the mail
I pay him very little
It's a lot of money where he comes from
I look at the envelopes
Cancer society, PETA, Save the Whales
What's wrong with these people?
I won't dole out a dollar unless it benefits ME
I'll take more than I'll ever give
Life is greed

No comments:

Post a Comment