Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, July 3, 2011

#184 Is Lovingly Tragic

There’s a heart shaped cloud in the air
It’s hanging about just over there
It makes me think of you
And that I love you

So I’m glad that I looked up today

It does look like rain
So I’m popping up my umbrella
That way I’m ready for when it comes down
I sure don’t want to be a wet fella

That wet man smell does get around

The rain is falling in a steady drumbeat
Forming a veil
Around my dry island in the gloom
I stay out of puddles and hope there’s no hail

That would poke holes in my bubble

My balloon floats lightly next to me
It’s words spell out how I feel
It’s shiny and red
And says, “I love you” for real

It buoys my heart to give you a balloon

In my pocket bulges a velvet case
It holds two month’s salary
It’s shiny and bright
And I hope it’s just right

For it’s you I want to marry this day

Then a bump and a bright light
And I’m floating in the night
Looking down at a painful sight
My broken body in the rain

You’ll have to wait for another to love you I fear
But I’ll try always to be near
And when you grow old and die
I’ll be waiting right here

Because death doesn’t change how I feel

No comments:

Post a Comment