Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, August 1, 2011

#213 Climbs

The windswept stony steps
Reached up as high as I can see
Into the dim darkness
Yet needs must I flee

Up the steps
One by unending one
Until I reach I don't know what
But at least I will be done

Distant sounds reach my ear
Screams and crashes
An orange glow
From the fires below
Pierces the dark
Drives away the blackness

Yet up above
The way I'm going
Is dark and silent
Am I crazed
To leave the known behind
For the safety of a question
That hasn't been answered?

Each step is harder than the last
Slippery and eroded
These stairs have known the centuries
My legs cry out with pain
Yet I lift them just the same
I owe it to someone
So something
To keep moving
Keep ascending
Into the dark
The unknown
Into Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment