Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

#215 Digs


I don’t know what you think
But I’m digging this here deep hole
You might think I’m going to China
But I assure you it’s just shallow

On the grand scale of things
It’s just a divot
If you were an ant
A whole lot more

But I’m digging it anyways
It’s my redemption
My penance
A preview for what’s in store

If you dare to doubt me
Just climb right in and help
I’ve got some extra shovels
Up there
Right next to the lip
Help yourself

I’ve dug past the topsoil
Into the clay
And different strata
I don’t know how deep I can go
Before I hit rock
And I’ll break out the dynamite
And have a little blow

But rest assured I’ll keep going
This might be the last thing I ever do
Whether I die of old age
Or the sides caving in
I plan on going
Till I can’t go no more

You’re welcome
To come and join me
See those extra shovels
Just over there

Hop right in beside me
We’ll do our penance
Side by side
We can share

Getting close to something big
I can just feel it
I suspect it’s some food
For my soul

There’s plenty to go around
So hop right in
And join me
Right here inside this hole

No comments:

Post a Comment