Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#236 Is Wrapped Up in the Heather

I’m covered in Heather
I’m at a loss to explain why
It happened one Christmas Day
And it hasn’t gone away

I’d say I was unhappy about it
But I’d be lying to you
This Heather is beautiful and bold
Much a joy through and through

I’ll start with the smell
Light and pleasant inspiring trust
It arouses happiness
With more than a hint of lust

A joy to the eye
I could look at it all day
Often Heather looks back
As if to say

“Hello, my name is Heather”

So happy with this Heather
I let it grow all over me
Till I was wrapped up in it
And could scarcely see

I went to the barber
And they looked at me quite strange
Advising me to see an arborist
Who keeps his home on the range

The arborist saw me right away
And looked me up and down
Surprise in his eyes, he did say,
“What an exquisite specimen of Ericaceae
You are so lucky to have this Heather attached to you
I’ll see what I can do.”

He didn’t cut
He thought that would be too much
With skilled hands he arranged
And tied, until he was quite pleased
Standing back
He gave it a final tease

I looked in the mirror
And was happy as can be
This particular Heather
Was completely suited to me!

I loved this Heather
I’ll not make it a secret
I paraded around with pride
Very determined to keep it

Soon I had admirers
And some asked to join us
A small duckling and frog
Had stars in their eyes
When they beheld us

I thought they were adorable
And helped them on up
They nestled on my shoulders
Deep in the Heather
Which was happy to have them
Cooing and curling around them

Not long after
I small turtle happened by
It was precious and green
The cutest chubby turtle I’d ever seen

It joined our group
And has stayed to this day
No matter what happens
We know it will be okay

Our little family is happy
The duckling, frog and turtle
Still cuddled in the Heather
Grown snug around me
All a part of me
We go through life together
Come what may
Full of love and cuddled forever

No comments:

Post a Comment