Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

#179 Thinks Beautiful Nonsense


The sun sets on another day
Another way to go about things
Breathing in and out
Seeing beauty in most things

I'll not disparage the electric eel
He isn't what I'd call pretty
But he winks and he blinks
And makes the hair stand up on the kitty

Nor will I avoid the sight
Of the slug in my garden
Who wanders on a damp night
He keeps the peace, and is the yard's warden

The strange sightless worm
Things going in one end and out the other
Like all things I suppose
And just like me, it had a "mother"

The horrid black mold
Simply going about it's existence
I've seen it, and cleaned it
I love and respect it
But I wouldn't kiss it for a six-pence

My kingdom for some beautiful people
I love being around them
It doesn't bother me a whit
That I'm the only ugly one in the room

What is beauty though?
Tastes do vary
I like a woman with some meat on her bones
Though that makes some a little wary

To make my existence a little easier
I've sent away for a potion at great expense
It will warp my perceptions of such things
And as a side benefit, will keep me from getting tense.

After I quaff the potion in question
I'll look around and beauty is all that I'll see
Although if you know me, even a little
I'll probably take one look in the mirror
And spend the rest of eternity
Making love to me

1 comment: