Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

#166 Cleans the Box

As I clean
All the mouse poo
And pee
From the inside of my cavernous toolbox
I can't help but wonder
Why I needed such a monstrosity

Who needs an 800 pound box
Just to keep their tools in?
I did better than most
I got mine for free
Courtesy of Uncle Sam
I can say no more
Lest I incriminate myself

Now this massive mouse house
Houses three families of rodentia
And numerous brands of hand tools
None of which
I need anymore
I use them in abstentia
In my head mostly
As I've moved on from the getting dirty
Part of my professional career

My torque wrench box
Is a home for a chipmunk
The box for all my odds and ends
Carefully divided
Is a condo for a vole and his bunk
A squirrel has taken up residence
In the bottom tray
Bringing all sorts of pestilence

But I'm eradicating them today
Or at least their homes
With trash bag
Shop vac
And an iron will

This box be mine
I'm planting my flag
I'm moving in
Though the drawers may sag
The bottom one will be my bed
It's all I can do to watch it 24 hours
That's all that need be said

No comments:

Post a Comment