Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, June 6, 2011

#157 Is a Short Tree Diary

In my first year
I grew two feet
Next to a small blue house
Where lived a young married couple
The nicest you could ever meet

In my second year
The small blue house grew
The couple had a baby
I spread my branches a bit
As the baby crawled through

In my third year
A dog appeared
He was happy and doggy
And peed on my side regularly
My skin got a little thicker
To avoid getting waterlogged

In my fourth year
The child toddled near
Daddy chasing anxiously
I tried to shoo him away
But I got tasted by the young one anyways

In my fifth year
I got bigger by a lot
Proud of myself
I spread myself out
A little too much it seems
The daddy pruned me in the spring

In my fifth year
Anxious faces hurried by
The little boy was rushed away
The mommy and daddy held each other and cried
I reached out to them
But try as I might
My branches would not hug them

In my sixth year
A gravestone was put near my side
The still young couple
Would come by often
Lay flowers at the grave
Sit in my shade
I didn’t think they would ever smile again
I smoothed my bark
So I was more comfortable to lean against

In my seventh year
I saw the couple smile
Her belly grew large
His hands held her lovingly
I grew some lower branches
Hoping that this child would someday
Climb and play on me

I plan on being right here
To see

1 comment:

  1. i forgot to tell you how much I love the imagery in this one... it's like a little story, a little happy, a little sad, but pensive and cool.

    ReplyDelete