Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, June 24, 2011

#175 Is the Get Well Goat

He is a feel better goat
He brings tidings of get well
Holding cards and balloons in his mouth
He knows who sent them but will never tell

He might work for Hallmark
Or contract with FTD
I’d rather he worked for Melting Moments
And was bearing an ice cream cookie sandwich for me

Not that I’m not grateful
For all the well wishes he brings
It’s just that I have ice cream on my mind
Amongst other things

Just then, as I was thinking that
The get well goat
Turned himself to the side
And I saw he bore a saddlebag on his hide

Gesturing with his goat head at the bag
I reached out with just a hint of fright
I lifted the flap
And was giddy with delight

There inside the bag
In an insulated pocket with fancy cross stitch
Was what I had wished for
A chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwich!

I hugged the goat, and couldn’t have been happier
Taking out the ice cream novelty
I broke it in half
Half for him, and half for me

We enjoyed our moment of dessert, the goat and me
I grabbed a brush to run through his fur
But he shook his head
And left in a blur

He had others to cheer
After all, he was the Get Well Soon Goat

No comments:

Post a Comment