Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

#158 Is Just a Seed

Coiled energy
Ready to explode
With the right set of circumstances
I’ve been programmed
To grow straight
And branch out
At the right times
Always seeking sunlight
Always hoping for the higher ground

I’ll crack my hard shell open
And grow my way out
Poke myself up
And see what this world is about

Sending out feelers
Converting minerals into food
Making me tall and strong
With thick skin
To hold the hazards at bay

For a thousand years
Or more
I would grow
If only I could get the ok

For now
I’m just a seed
In this box
Waiting for the chance

The chance
Of my lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment