Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

#163 Is Like Other Things


My word
Is like gold
It's valuable
To some anyway
Umpteen dollars an ounce

My actions
Spake louder than my words
Thus were like platinum
Silvery, and heavy
Sort of burdensome
In a way

My thoughts
They were deep
Like shallow puddles
In the street
All it takes is one car
To splash on through
And those thoughts
They are through

My reflexes
Am lightning quick
If lightning were something slow
Like a five minute comedy schtick
Takes a bit to build up
But then watch out
I'll give a sloth a run for his money

I ran
Like a rabbit
That rabbit from the fable
Quick in short spurts
With long naps in between

My eyes
Are like a hawk's
If hawks they wore spectacles
Thick ones too
Poor hawk
Can't fly with coke bottles on his face

My heart
Stays true
It Guides what I do
It's my compass in a storm
And keeps my love
Pointed at you

No comments:

Post a Comment