Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Oh Perfection

Oh perfection
I wouldn't know what to do with you
Nor would I recognize you
If you fell upon my face

So kissed by the nettles of every day
Nerves hidden beneath scars and scabs
They wouldn't know how you felt
Leap to your touch

Oh perfection
What do you sound like?
Could I know it if I heard it?
Dulled as my hearing is
From the sounds of my profession
The screams of metal and combustion

Oh perfection
What do you smell like
Compared to the extremes of a skunk
Versus the vague and floral flower
And worse when one merges into the other
Without a border or transition
The rotten and the sweet
Mixed and trodden under nose and under feet

Oh perfection
What do you look like
Could my soft cow eyes perceive you
Looking through their plastic prisms as they do
In and out of focus
Twitching at the sight of every day
The retina does not grade things on a scale

Oh perfection
Perhaps you are just a notion
Different for everyone
Overcoming all senses
Merging with them
Surrounding all in bliss
A brush with perfect
An angel's soft kiss

No comments:

Post a Comment