Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Blank Cassette

You are the blank cassette of my life
Filled with shattered dreams and audio memes
All mixed just right

There's the sound of your lips
The first time they touched mine
Under the basketball bleachers
Hidden from the eyes of the teachers

The sound of us swaying
To a horrid eighties rock power ballad
In the gymnasium in the dimmed out lights
You were too pretty for me by all rights

You are the blank cassette of my life
With our giggling conversations
Said into my first pair of mics

I had a pretend radio show
And my recurring guest was you
We'd talk and talk
Till our faces turned blue
Then we'd take a deep breath
And I would kiss you

It's all right there
The songs of our life
Laid down with care
On that memorex tape
And written with pen
Crossed out and corrected
As life would change again

You are the blank cassette of my life
All the best and worst is preserved
Like when I asked you to be my wife

The sound of your tears
As you said yes
The sight of you
In your white dress
It all made a sound
That I kept around
On that blank cassette tape

But things never last forever
Just like audio tapes degauss
Things bleed through here and there
Then fall apart just because

Now you have the blank cassette of my life
It was in the glovebox of my truck
That you got in the divorce along with the dog
Well dang my bad luck

I'll have to get a new one I suppose
And go on with my life
Making new sounds and shiny tunes
Mixing it all up just right

No comments:

Post a Comment