Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rankin Bass Holiday Mishmash

My world is a stop motion mashup
A Rankin-Bass brainstorming session
Where clay is the outer shell
Boys have all the yucky boy stuff inside
Whereas the girls are filled with all things nice

I'm a New Year's Baby
Sucking my thumb
Half hidden in a top hat
Plotting the years events
On the office suite hidden inside
A touch screen interface
Hanging inside the hat
A useful feature for the twenty first century
A modern New Years Cowboy

Then on to Valentine's day
With Irontail and Mister Snow
Half on my mind
Singing "Be Mine Today"
With a bass note pitch
And a mellow red glow
Popping candy cinnamon hearts
Into my claymation mouth
I try to chew them up
But just smash my clay teeth flat
And get shot by Cupid
Right in the clay back

Oh right now
It's a dark green bowler perched on my head
A light green band around it
A shamrock front and center
Cocked jauntily for St Patrick's Day
This one's a little different
I'm a leprechaun
With an impossibly large stick
Chasing snakes from Ireland
With a small cauldron of gold
Clinking on my back
And there's a rainbow following me
I just can't get away
I swing at it with my stick
In a jerky stop motion way
My expression changing inexplicably as I move
Stray fingers inadvertently changing my mood
As the animation goes on

Now I'm a rabbit
Filling in for Peter Cottontail
Bouncing about
Balancing my basket in one paw
Hiding eggs and gifts
Without opposable thumbs
Which is easier said than done
And probably what much of the magic is used for

Morphing into Uncle Sam
I find I'm in a special that was never made
It never got past the censors
Though it was all stock in trade
Wearing a red white and blue flag suit
I march around the world
Grinding cultures under my patriotic boot
Blowing perfect round clay holes
In all my clay enemies
A King, a Kaiser, a Fuehrer
And an animated mustache
Hanging on a bar and sickle

Summer months
Hanging with Mister Sun
Getting a little melty
Watching my clay colors run

Then into Thanksgiving
And I'm a turkey
Throwing itself upon a spit
Surely a realistic claymation documentary
Eager to be eaten
I lost my leg in Nom
Eerily still away
Even as I lay on the model table
Fluttering my red flaps
Saying, "Eat me while I'm still warm!"

Christmas time
Without a Santa
As it is every year
I'm a nondescript reindeer
Standing off to the side
In the snow
Watching Rudolph do his yearly story
Picked over me in the end
Because he's deformed
And wrote to Make a Wish
"All I want to do is lead Santa's sleigh"
And the clay reindeer bitch of it is
He does it every reindeer year

Then all the clay is recycled
Donated to the local kindergarten
To be rolled around
Until I'm just a tie dyed mound
Of living thinking clay

I wonder what they'll make of me today?

No comments:

Post a Comment