Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Night and Day Terrors

There's evil all around me

At night it takes a few different forms
Primarily
For me
It lives under the bed
In unseen evilness
Reaching out with taloned appendage
To grasp at me at I get into
Or out of
The kingdom of bed

Sometimes it lives inside the closet
But only when the door is partially open
Just cracking the seal upon the terror
Seeping out of the darkened space
At just the right terrifying pace
To blanken my mind with fear

At all times
The form that any window takes after the sun goes down
The blackened eye
That only hours ago was a window upon the world
For me to see and be gladdened by the outside
Is now peering at me with ill intent
Watching my every move
Judging my every sigh

I resolve these issues not with a regular prescription
At least not one that I can get at the store
But simple instructions for living

A simple leap into
Or out of
The bed will control those feelings of being grabbed at

Closing the closet door
Will keep whatever is plotting my demise
Safely shut away and out of mind

Pulling those curtains closed
Will veil the horrible eye
And keep my movements hidden from it's view

During the day though
It got more complicated
For whatever I could see
Would be kept at bay
As long as I kept my blinks short
My eye rubbing to a minimum

Thus restricting the Weeping Angels movement
Or anything else that was plucking at my sanity
Keeping it in view
In this odd world of askew

For awhile I didn't know what to do
About things that were sneaking up on me
I knew they were there
My skin grew goosebump and prickles
My hackles rose up with frightful hair

I'd always spin around just in time
Giving my war face
Shouting a battlecry
Watching the enemy scatter in fear

But that gets old

I came upon a solution
To the sneaking up evil spirits
A backpiece done by a shaman
Riven upon my flesh
A prayer and ward of protection
Done in ink as a protective sketch

Whether under clothes
Or on full display
The graven image
Keeps evil at bay

Though mostly only from behind
So I'm thinking of getting more
So as to from all sides remind
The evil that stalks me day by day

That I know that it is there
I'm alert and always aware
So sayeth the roaring protective demon
In full dimensional color
Upon my back
Peering out of the fleshy gloom

Once my full body design is done
I'll be safe in the sun
On overcast days
And even into the night
One look at my body
And evil will run
As the image of me
Will inspire terror and fright

No more shutting closet doors
Pulling curtains tight
Leaping into bed
Cowering into the night
All will be as day
My fright naught but a vanished blight

No comments:

Post a Comment