Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Meal and a Show

Drip drop drippity drop
An accompanying rhythm greeting my ears
As the sun rises reflecting off the wet
All the wet from the night before

The bunnies race in their cage
From the upper to the lower
Up and down the wooden ramp
Knocking their water over as they go

The dogs watch the bunnies
Like a television show
Produced just for them in the backyard
A live boob tube without the glow

Puppy eyes following bunny run
Heads cocking in that strange way
Oh wait what's that they seem to think
Looks like bunny poop on the ground

Puppy popcorn for the bunny show
They're dogs after all
I shouldn't be surprised
But I am and I say so
Going down the back steps to say "No!"

Those puppy mouths that are munching bunny poo
Will soon be inside
And they'll forget
As I will too
They'll lick my face
Which is about when I'll remember
What I'd just now seen them do

"No no no! We don't eat rabbit poop!"

No comments:

Post a Comment