Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Beard

Down to my waist
Like a long busy tail for my face
It rests on the front of my robe
Adding stature
Adding grace
Makes me look like Gandalf
Or any other wizard of choice
In some circles I am quite revered
For the grand grey entrance
Provided by my beard

A pockmarked face looked back at me
My teenaged self in wrought agony
Fuzz on my fat chin
I stared and tried to will it to fill in
But it resisted my efforts for many years
Until one day I looked and I cheered
For there looking back at me
Was a bushy full adult beard

My wife is certainly my best friend
I could spend time with her without end
But that's not the reason I married her
I love our two kids
That we adopted from China
Little girl balls of happiness to be sure
And it's not that either of us were infertile
It's just that I'm not interested in performing that act
It's strange to admit and you may find it weird
But this lovely woman at my side for life
Is my best friend and full time beard

No comments:

Post a Comment