Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Life Level Intermediate

This just feels wrong
I think I'm living a bad cover song
The lyrics are half a beat too late
The fourth verse seems to defy fate

Maybe it's a lame tribute band
The lead singers hair is long
The lead guitarist is windmilling his right hand
But in the end I find I'm just wrong

This isn't a lame version cover song
It's an original piece of shit
I'm half drunk in a local bar
And some teenager emo band is killing it

By killing it
I don't mean they're doing well
It literally sounds like they are murdering music onstage
I'd call the cops but I signed a release saying I'd never tell

The bouncer at the door didn't even warn me
Even as I paid an overpriced cover charge
To get into this sorry life
That is delivering so small after promising so large

I'm slipping away to the loo
I think I saw a backdoor out of here
It's a strange scary world out there
But I'm full of alcohol courage and have no fear

Hand pushing on the rusty emergency exit door
Now confronted with a piss smelling alleyway
A dumpster
A passed out drunk
An aggressive pimp
And a half hidden mugger
Laid out in sequential challenges
Like level bosses in a video game

All between me and the world beyond
I input the unlimited lives cheat code
Gotten for milk money at school
Lights dim down and it's game on

No comments:

Post a Comment