Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In The Right

"Do you want to be right
Or do you want to be happy?"

I'd like to say yes
But my actions betray me
As I feel backed into the corner
With no exit I can see
So I lash out with logic
And mocking incredulity
Which leaves me in this spot
At the kitchen table
Staring at legal documents of divorce
Words on the page nonsensical like a fable

"Do you want to be right
Or do you want to be employed?"

I'd blown the whistle
On something I'd seen
Not a big deal really
But rules are rules I didn't do it to be mean
Things are black and white
No grey anywhere on this horizon
Right and wrong delineated
Both in regulation and employee handbook
Leaving my boss looking quite constipated

"Would you rather be right
Or would you rather be dead?"

At the time I hadn't cared
My path of action seemed obvious
When someone passes on the double yellow
You should drive straight at them seeming oblivious
This was MY land goddammit
I was in the right
There was no way to see it in any other light
My brain just isn't wired that way
Which left me here crushed in this car
So there isn't much else to say

Except that I guess I'd rather be right
Than most any other thing

No comments:

Post a Comment