Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Imaginary Escape

Peggy flipped over the hourglass
Which oddly enough
Only counted out about six minutes
So why call it an hourglass?

"I said, GO, Fritz!"
She hollered at me

Ok, ok
I can't go over there
I mentally went over my options
That whole area is lava
Too deep for the couch cushion rocks
They would sink

"Don't do it, mister, you know that's deep lava"
She reminded me with a smirk

I looked at her peevishly
"I wasn't, I was just thinking
Now leave me be for a sec"

She tapped the top of her wrist impatiently
"Tick tock, tick tock"

I grabbed the standing lamp next to the couch
Yanking the cord out of the wall as I did so
Imagining it to be a weirdly shaped stick
I reached the top of it carefully out
To try and grab the coffee table

Which, obviously, must be a tall petrified wood structure
To be surviving the deep lava like that

It came closer
So I went for it
Stepping as lightly as I could from the couch to the table
Where I crashed right through the top of it
My feet landing on the carpet below with a thud
Losing my balance and crashing over onto the floor
The coffee table surrounding my legs

Peggy danced with glee
"Mwah ha ha!
The lava has defeated you!"

She came over and helped me up
Putting everything back
Sort of
And kissing me on the cheek

"My turn"
She said with a grin

And so I took my position next to the six minute glass
Flipping it over once I saw she was ready

Now
Peggy had six minutes to triumph over the lava
The spiders
The bears
The snakes
And the snarks

To successfully escape the room

No comments:

Post a Comment