Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, September 26, 2011

#269 Germ Warfare


I was normally
Very normal
For a dirty guy
Certainly not at all formal

But you got to me
And I didn’t think you could
You were always a bitch to me
Never a kind word even when you should

But there you were sitting next to me
Eyes red and puffy
Wadded up tissue in one hand
Nose all drippy and stuffy

Wait, you thought I felt sorry for you?
Oh no

I was simply repulsed
As if your clown hair and cratery complexion
Combined with your attitude
Were not enough to kill any erection

You absolutely  had my skin crawling
As I thought of all the bugs
That must be living
Breathing and crawling
Spread out and sprawling
All over you

You, as you sit there all sick
Spreading your germs wide
With every sneeze you don’t cover
Every careless wipe you don’t hide

I finished my work
In record time
I went straight to the sink
And washed with caustic lime

When that failed me
I walked away trying to ignore
The ongoing germ warfare
But then halted in my tracks
Staring at our office door

I couldn’t bring myself to go inside
The handle, gleaming dully in the fluorescent light
Was covered with bacteria and virus
Looking around, my problem was compounded
I couldn’t back away either
I was now surrounded

So yes, you got to me

But looking back now
From these many years
Of living in a sterile room
Peeing into jars
Too afraid of the bathroom

All I can do is thank you
You showed me what I face
In the open diseased world
Which is why I happily stay in this place

No comments:

Post a Comment