Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

#256 Was a Very Strange Dream Indeed


The other day
I coughed up something
It was large
Irregular
And grey

I sort of looked like a piece of brain
With veins

Upon it
On opposite sides
As a matter of fact
Were two small creatures

On one side
Was a small rockish thing
Holding a creature
That popped in and out
Like a mad little jack-in-the-box
Reaching over the top
And jabbing at the other

Dodging these pop up jabs
Was a short green worm
With a short blue horn
He bobbed
And he weaved
His mission was to deceive

When he lunged at the pop up critter
That one would hide
Inside his rock
It appeared to be a stalemate

For some reason though
I didn't like the look
Of the green one
With the blue horn

So I tried to pluck him off
And he stung me
I shouted
And ranted
And grabbed scissors
To snip him short

Cutting him off at the base
He fell to the floor
And commenced to advance
Right at me
With little blue horned vengeance
On whatever passed for a brain

I stomped on him
Thinking to squash
And when I lifted my foot
Hundreds of little pieces
Were all around

I thought that job was done
But then all the pieces
Started after me as well
So I ran

I ran to the front door
The tiny green pieces
In hot pursuit
At the door though
I was appalled

From under the rug
There were more
And more
Of the green things
All wiggling and iggling
Their way towards me

I dove for the screen door
And burst outside
All the green nasty
Close behind

I paused in the front yard
To take stock of the situation
Looking back
I was shocked by the abomination

It was jelling together
One tiny piece at a time
And forming a large mass
Of green
Mottled with blue

I watched in macabre fascination
As something took shape
It looked.....
Like an outside large screen television
Like those ones at stadiums

The base was green
With blue around the screen
Upon the screen
Was a video game

A driving game
Called Out Run

A hand oozed out of the thing
Offering me a game controller
It wanted to play
And so I did
Right there
Outside in my front yard

When such a thing wants to play you
That is just what you do

No comments:

Post a Comment