Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

#257 For Love of a Rule


You really need to let me know
At least give me a call
The constant changes
Are like banging my head against a wall

You give me all these rules
Which you expect me to read and follow
Then you lay some unwritten ones on me as well
You seriously need to eat some crow

The written ones
Are firm and must be held to
But not too closely
Doing things properly
It seems
Leaves you grumpy and surly

The unwritten rules
Whether verbal or in a memo
I can’t forget to do always
Unless it’s one of those times
You don’t want me to

So let’s lay it on the line
Which rules are really real
And when should I
And should I not
Do as I am told?

I'm afraid I just don’t know
Which often leaves me a disappointment
Standing alone
Out in the cold

It seems you’d actually be happiest
If I didn’t do my job at all
And just signed off on everything
Adding my stamp to the wall

That I’m bought and paid for
Is a foregone conclusion
I’m not afraid to say it
We are, you and I, in close collusion

But you need to explain things to me
Or I won’t know which way to jump
When the rubber meets the road
When we are standing on the stump
With that noose around our necks
Being questioned by the Man

No comments:

Post a Comment