Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

#251 Jumped Waaaay Past the Moon


I am the cow
That jumped over the moon
But everyone told the tale
Far too soon

I never came back down
Though the story differs
I’d have it written differently
Given the choice of biographers

Once I leapt my mighty leap
And achieving 25000 miles per hour
I hadn’t given much thought to how come back
I got to the moon and wished I’d had an anchor

I’d have thrown it down
And pivoted on that centre
Let go and head back to earth
Probably to burn up when I re-entered

Maybe it was a good thing I kept on going
I’ve certainly seen many things
It’s hard dodge micro meteors
With no bovine wings

But I make do

I’ve seen Mars
With these big brown eyes
It was a wonder to behold
And exposed some Earthly lies

There are definitely Martians
And how do I know?
I’m there right now
And I’m telling you so

On my way by Phobos
I was stopped in my tracks
By a small scout ship
And invited in to relax

It seems they knew what I was
And had watched me grow nearer
They were excited
And had been for a year

They knew what I was used for on Earth
And it intrigued them so
They wanted to try milk
Which is when I said “Whoa!”

I didn’t want to be just a farm animal
Again, on some distant planet
But they assured me that wasn’t the case
And once they showed me I felt fortunate

All that was needed was some small samples
I could easily supply
Then they could replicate it as needed
They were dying to have dairy to try

I helped them as they wished
Watched them take the small dairy steps
Making cheese, butter, even ice cream
Ending elegantly with cream and crepes

After a year of this
I felt more and more alone
Though they had made me welcome
I missed my friends and home

I said as much
And they offered two ways
To send me home
Or to make a herd of clone cows for company

If I went home
It’d be back to the farm for me
Or stay here, with new friends and herd
Never to be eaten, and always treated gently

Let me see……

I think I’ll stay

No comments:

Post a Comment