Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

#264 Help! I'm Trapped in this Existence....


I'd reach out
But this bottomless feeling
I have in my gut
Makes me shut you out

It's not that I don't want you
Your attention
Your companionship
Your affection

It's just I have this trap door
Deep down inside
It sucks me in
And there I have to hide

I scratch at the walls
I shed my tears
All the while
My body goes on
Showing no fears

Smiling
Telling everyone how good the day is
When it's just an automated response
Like talking to a conversation bot
Just saying what it's supposed to say
Which really isn't a lot

But it's a fair exchange
For questions relegated to pleasantries
Real answers are not required
Polite convention is not to be denied
If you do give honest answers
People feel violated and TMI'ed

The body presses on
All nods and smiles
The soul is carried
Bound and tortured
By the frakked existence
In which it is ferried

No comments:

Post a Comment