Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

#249 Technology Love Affair


It pulses in my pocket
My nerdly love affair
When I command it
It entertains me
When I turn it off
It pains me
I spend time with it
It sustains me
My juicy geek fruit

It's got wifi
It's got the 3 G's
It's got megapixels
It's got apps galore
It is this nerd's little whore
When I'm lonely at night
It's there for me
When I'm afraid
It reassures me
If I set it to vibrate
It massages me

When I look up
And realize I'm alone
I pull it out
And cry for it to love me
But it cannot
This space age totem
This craven image
This summation of my nerdhood
It cannot love me

Yet I still suckle at it
As if it was a woman's breast
And I could get sustenance
From it
If I could
I would be one with it
I'd have it installed within me
So I wouldn't have to be without it
It leaves an empty space within me
When I'm apart from it
But no more

A retinal screen is placed within my eyes
Super Dolby Uber Surround Speakers
Are place in my ears
An interface fit for a king
Is placed within my brain
In a loving nest of neurons
To be stroked and held
At least until the next upgrade

I wrap my own arms around myself
And wish for the touch of another
I Google it, and gobble it
I Bing it, and I ring it
I even Ask Jeeves about it
But no help can come
No soft hand on my hip
Nor sweet kiss on my lip

No
This thing cannot love me
No matter how deeply
I entwine myself with it
But unrequited love
Is better than none at all

No comments:

Post a Comment