Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

#265 Bagels and Fragels


I've got bagels on the mind
Boiled and baked
Hot and salty on my plate
The joy I have cannot be faked

At the Bagel Fragel
I used to get my fix
All the flavors you could want
But I preferred the salt sticks

Just like a bagel
But long like a breadstick
Covered in salt
And some poppy seeds
Guaranteed to meet my needs

That, for me
Was the 'Bagel'
Part of the name on the sign
The other half
The 'Fragel'
Is less well known
Unless you're from East Lansing
Or Ann Arbor inclined

A Fragel
Is a sweet thing indeed
Made with delicious cinnamon raisin dough
It eschews the boiling and baking
Opting instead for a bath in hot oil

Oh yes, I said it
A fried bagel
First on one side
Then the other
Pulled out fresh
And rolled around
In cinnamon and sugar

Pure heaven on the tongue
I'll take some to go
Because with all these calories
I'll have to eat them while I run

But I don't care
It's a treat by which I swear
The next person coming back from Ann Arbor
Had better bring me some!

No comments:

Post a Comment