Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Monday, September 19, 2011

#262 Fear of the Virtual Me

The bar is smoky
You appear out of the haze
All legs and smiles
So attractive in so many ways

I offer a chair
You join me there
We share a few laughs
We drink a few drinks
We exchange names and numbers
Both hoping to meet up again
You kiss me on the cheek as you go
Leaving on that up note
I watch your hips sway to and fro
Until you disappear once again
Into the smoky haze

When I get home
I undress
And get ready for bed
Empty my pockets
And look at your slip of paper
Such a normal name
Such a pretty girl

What might I find
If I flip on the computer
And Google your name?
I wonder what you would find
If you Googled mine?

Am I the sum of my Facebook page?
The lists of my hobbies and favorite activities
Old photos showing off old styles that were all the rage
Postings and comments and chat histories

Have I done anything offensive
In my comments or links
What about pics I’m tagged in
Taken after we all had too much to drink

What will you think
When you find out my middle name
Or you find out I posted a strange medical question
In hopes of finding others going through the same

Once you've found my old MySpace page
Perused my Google+
Checked out my Amazon wish list
Will I still be able to gain your trust?

I am that person?
That virtual me?

I reconsider the computer idea
I think it might be nicer
If I called you in the morning
I’ll invite you to lunch

The waiting to get to know you
Is half the fun
I hope you feel that way too

No comments:

Post a Comment