Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

#99 Unites With Flight


If I overspeed
Will you be there
To pick up my pieces?
To try with all your might
To put me back together again
To rejoin the fight?

I promise to reward you
To cradle you and hold you
To Extend my leading edges
And attain powered flight

As soon as I can
I'll lift into ground effect
Clean up my gear
And gather up speed

Once I'm going fast enough
Pull back hard
Straight up like a rocket ship
Until our speed bleeds off

And we hover
Weightless
Hanging in space
Tailsliding back down

I'll flip us around
Until the earth fills our windscreen
Diving like a hawk
The engine revving to a scream

I'll pull out at the last second
Skimming the daisies
As you fill your shorts

It's amusing
It's fun
It makes us one
You and I

Man and machine
Like some macabre cyborg

I’ll thrill you
I’ll chill you
If you don’t respect me
I’ll kill you

No comments:

Post a Comment