Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

#109 Makes a Run For It


There is no breath
That I can get
As I run
As fast as my feet can carry me
Away from the pain
Away from the danger
In a blind panic
I run for my life

My clothes are forgotten
In my bid for my life
I run naked and vulnerable
My feet battered and bruised

Why?
I don’t know
I don’t know how all this came about

One minute I’m happy and safe
The next I’m cast out

Stripped of my clothes
In the center of town
For all to see

Beaten with sticks and stones
I was sentenced to death
So at the first chance
I did flee

Now I can never go back
Tears run down my face
I tumble across a stream

Where to go, what to do
I can’t even think straight
My mind verging on madness
Every noise I hear
A threat, something to fear

Suddenly the dense trees disappear
Then so does the ground
I’m flying out into space
Nothing makes a sound

The last thing I see
Is a small flower
And I focus on it

The last thing I feel
Is being alone
And the chill of it

No comments:

Post a Comment