Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, April 3, 2011

#93 Plays With Animal Attraction


As I modulate
The pedal
The tail wags
Just the way it should

My dog digs my tunes
I play them every day
He sits at my feet with a doggy grin
Begging me to play

He thumps his tail with the rhythm
And I give him yummy treats
Who could pass
On an audience like this?

Alas, I haven’t sold many albums
His friends not only don’t have thumbs
They don’t have wallets
And I had to sell my drums

At least we still have a place to jam
And a place to sleep
And I think I found a new audience:
The neighbor’s sheep

They’ve started gathering
Each time I play
Along the fence near my window
Quietly munching hay

I might be onto something here
Playing for animals might not be glamorous
But it has it’s rewards:
The neighbor has been acting amorous

So we’ve been dating
And making music together
And my dog and her sheep gather
To hear us play

Now, an open invite to humans and animals alike
We’re playing in the back field tonight
Bring your lawn chairs
And snacks, don’t forget some critter treats.

No comments:

Post a Comment