Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

#111 Begs You To Be Gentle


My heart
Opens up to you
It's terrifying
And I don't know what to do

All my walls
So carefully built
Are circumvented
My defenses wilt

Will your steps be soft?
Padded in soft silk?
Or hard and demanding
As jackboots and their ilk?

I don't mean to whine
But the last tenant
She stomped on my spine
Ripped out my heart
Declaring, "This is mine!"

She didn't even do it out of spite
She made eyes and said, "I love you"
Even as she took a bite
Of my still beating heart in her hand

Getting away from her
Was anything but easy
It involved stripping down
Finding an escape hole and getting greasy

I found a new life
Sterile and cold
Furnished from IKEA
But, it got old

Then I saw you
My breast it stirred
Heart skipping a beat
Fluttering like a bird

Now here I am
Full of emotion
Ready to cry
I love you

Do you love me too?

Won't you give me a try?

No comments:

Post a Comment