Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#103 Watches Too Many Sad Shows

My companion
My friend
You've loved me when 
I thought nobody would

You never asked
For much in return
You always gave
More than you earned

But time moves on
The spunk left your step
You slowed down
You seldom lept

And now the time
It draws to a close
For you my friend
And I hold you close

As you rest
Upon my breast
And draw what will be
Your last few breaths

I look in your eyes
And cry my tears
And you look back 
And assuage my fears 

Then the spark
Leaves your eyes
And all that's left
Is to lay you down
In your last rest

Here lies Dog
My best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment