Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

#97 Revs Up

Checking the oil
And busting my knuckles
Putting in new spark plugs
To feed the mighty fire

28 years ago
She was brand spanking new
Dazzling my eye
As I wandered the showroom

Now here it is
In all it's glory
Still working
Still sexy
Still the apple of my eye

Despite all attempts
By the mighty Motor Company
I can't shake the feeling 
That this is how a motorcycle should look

I swing a leg over
And thumb the starter
I'm 18 again
All I can see before me
Is the '80's gauges and handlebar
The sound is a V-4 roar

I squint my eyes
Light up the tire and wheelie out of the lot
And keep on going
Chasing the sun

Reality sucks
I think I'll live in this fantasy world

No comments:

Post a Comment