Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

#110 Falls But Doesn't Stay Down

The little pink birds
Whirling and diving
Around my head
Should have been some indication
Of the times I had ahead

But I'm not quick
On the uptake
I seldom cook by the book
And often end up with a mistake

Maybe being run over by a car
Before I even got going
Was the best accident by far
Keeping me from even bigger things

And that's just the thing
Keeping me from things
I've never been one for that
Be it planned events
Or one night flings

With that determination
Foremost in my mind
I rolled over and climbed to my feet
Giving the panicked driver nevermind

I grab the bike's handlebar
And right it with a yank
Give it a quick look over
And kick it to life with a spank

I spare all the onlookers
One grimaced glance
Before I twist the throttle
Dump the clutch
And rejoin the dance

I've got no answers
But that will soon change
I'll cover lots of ground
And see many things

What once was lost
Will be found

No comments:

Post a Comment