Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, April 29, 2011

#119 Is in Corrugated Cardboard Country


I laid down
In my normal non-corrugated world
On my soft big bed
Where I lay curled

But, in the morning

I open my eyes and I see
A corrugated cardboard tree
I look around, I look down
And I see a corrugated cardboard me!

The world has changed
Everything is brown and paper-y
I look around
And it’s the same as far as I can see

I’m confused
So I put on my cardboard clothes
And sat down to breakfast
Cardboard food just adding to my woes

I’m determined to figure all this out
So I hop on my cardboard bicycle
And I head out
Past all the signs saying to recycle

Seeing brown corrugated cardboard things
Zipping by me, as I pedal by
Everything is pretty normal
Except it’s all made of cardboard, I give a sigh

As I pedal along
I hear a crack of thunder
And I suddenly wonder
What will happen when I get wet?

The raindrops fall
With a pitter and a patter
Getting everything damp and spongy
Everything that might matter

Suddenly I don’t feel so good
I feel all wavy and sway-ey
My corrugations have gone flat
The bicycle and myself go down with a splat

I lay in the middle of the road
Soaking up water like a blotter
Falling apart
Knowing that I’m now just recycling fodder

Next time, I want to be a corrugated cardboard butterfly

1 comment:

  1. This is one of your best ones, I feel! this one's a keeper! :)

    ReplyDelete