Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

#116 Is Being Invaded

The polka dots are marching
Marching on my bed
Marching on my pillow
Marching around my head

I lay amid a myriad
Collection of dots
They make my eyes cross
My skin breaks out in spots

When I try to get away from them
They chase me to and fro
Following me upstairs and downstairs
Dotting me, frotting me, wherever I do go

I know just how this will end
I'll be one big polka dot
Lost amidst the others
Lost and identical to all the lot

There's polka dots on the dog
Covering his fur from nose to tail
I throw him in the bath
And scrub him till he wails

Nothing works, and nothing will
The dots march ever on
Covering and consuming
Obscuring like a locust swarm spawn

So many polka dots
I've lost all sense of self
They are so dense now
I'm beyond all help

They've conformed to all the colors
That used to be there before
And there are so many of them
They cover every little pore

Now only a microscope could see them
So densely they are packed
But I know they are there
I was there the day they stacked

I don't know what their purpose is
I've asked, and they have no words
So I've come upon a solution, and a mindset:
"I, for one, welcome our polka dot overlords!"

No comments:

Post a Comment