Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

#117 Burns Inside


The fire in my thoughts
Has finally escaped my  head
The heat on my face makes me smile
My skin reflecting yellow and red

The flames crawl across everything
Fueling my desire to see more
I wait breathlessly
Shivering to my core

Charring the wood
Curling the paper
There’s no one to interrupt my worship
It’s the perfect caper

The heat pops something in the flames
I throw my head back and howl
My primal spirit taking over
I rip off my shirt, I yell, I growl

Burn it down
It feels so good
Not even sex was so awesome
As watching the flames eat at this house of wood

Of the old weathered boards
There is no more
Nothing stands
Just glowing embers on the moor

I click the warm metal lighter in my pocket
And I know that this wasn’t enough
I’ll have to let the fire out again
To consume and change stuff

I turn and walk towards home
Holding my fire maker tightly
A smile playing on my flushed face
My feet skipping lightly

No comments:

Post a Comment