Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Friday, April 15, 2011

#105 Laments For Creation of Commons


Ready
Set
Compose!

Make it rhyme
Finish it on time
Turn it in
Collect your dime
For it would be a crime
To do it for free

Open source
Crowd sourced
Surely nothing there is worthwhile
If it’s free
It just can’t be
What do I have to do
To make you see?

I’ll roast the little
Linux penguin
Until you scream
“Stop, stop! Oh god, I’m sorry!”

Open Office?
I’ll shut it down
Blow it up, pave it over
With a Microsoft parking garage

Copyright?  Patents?
I’m extending them to 2000 years
You can’t work with anything
It’s the sum of your worst fears

Have an idea? 
I’ll bet someone else
Has had it before
Let me look in my Rolodex

Oh yes, I’m so sorry
Mister Mussinfuck filed for this same item
Back in 1580
Or something close to it.

No profit for you
Can’t do it as a hobby either
But if you want to pay me
Well, you just might be in business.

3 cheers for the lawyers
Hurrah for the politician
The creator, author, tinkerer?
Naught, but derision.

No comments:

Post a Comment