Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

#100 Is a Hundred Day Project

My teacher spoke up, so all could hear,
"Class, we are coming up on
One hundred days into the school year!
Your Hundred Day projects are due tomorrow."

And I worked on it, I swear....

I had a hundred noodles
Glued to a board
But then it rained
And they dropped off of their own accord

I lined up a hundred chocolate chips
In rows two by two
Then the sun came out
And melted them to goo

Put a hundred beans in a jar
But overnight they sprouted
Carrying my bed up oh so far
And so I pouted

But not for long
For I spied gnomes
A hundred strong
All carrying sparkling combs!

I ran the other way
Reached into my pocket pulling out one hundred jacks
I threw them behind me
The gnomes tripped and fell in stacks

But the one hundred sparkling combs just kept coming
Enchantment pushing them on
Combing their way steadily towards me
I found a hole in the cloud, and was gone

Hurtling downwards at one hundred miles per hour
I spread my arms and sprouted one hundred feathers
And soared towards my hundred foot tower
Landing with toe tickling lightness

I sat down on my bed and had a think
It was almost time to go to school
To scrub myself one hundred times till pink
Gather my things and go

Still not having my project done.


No comments:

Post a Comment