Copyright Notice

Copyright: Fred Robel, and Fritz365 2010-2017. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog's author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Fred Robel and Fritz365 with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

#88 Is Lifted by the Soul of his Shoes

I needed some new shoes
I'm not that fussy
It's not like I need Jimmy Choos
Just something unique to me

So I went hunting
In the local malls
Little shoe stores
But nothing caught my eye

Until I saw the torn flyer
On the telephone pole
It said, "Amazing deals, Unique steals
The right shoe for everyone, Today only!"

So I was hooked
And I went
I got to the parking lot
And it looked like a carnival tent

Dirty and town
I approached with apprehension
I walked through the flap
And lost all my tension

There before me
Was the most amazing assortment of shoes
On neat wooden shelves
Aligned by size, style and hue

I started to prowl the aisles
Touching here
Trying on there
Until I worked my way to the back

Where a voice asked
"Can I help you?"
I looked around, then down
A small person looked up at me

His timeless face
Reassured me that he could help
So I explained what I wanted
And he smiled, "Come with me"

He led me through the back of the tent
Into a small trailer
Where something did appear to me:
A pair of high top tennis shoes

They were on a pedestal
Surrounded by light
I was excited
But held back by fright

Can I try them on?" I asked
He nodded, so I did
And I was transported
These shoes weren't just right

They were RIGHT

They hugged my feet
They buoyed my spirit
I felt like I could do anything
As long as I wore these shoes

I could walk on water
Heal the sick
Feed the poor
Levitate


I call them my Jesus Shoes



No comments:

Post a Comment